Thursday 16 November 2017

Capes.
Morning!--- Ohhh sorry its afternoon !? - where do the days go?

As any of you who have been looking at my site will know, I have been making wedding capes for a few years now.
I have made quite a few for brides but it obviously is a specific addition to a dress.
When I created my first cape it was a sort of accident- I was making a veil and after I had cut it out I found a big flaw in the tulle- so having lost my temper (I sometimes do that!!) I grabbed it up off the table & it caught on the table edge and ripped in a very nice line--- as it turned out! I saw that it looked a bit like a poncho & I pulled it over my head---- & there you go--- the rest is history.
I make various types of capes- and I am enlarging the collection all the time. most of them have lace around including around the neck - but now I have made some with satin binding around and some just with the stitched, or pencil edge.
 I have just received one of my trade magazines giving insights to next years collections and lo & behold- there looks like there will be alot of capes around in the coming years.
So here are a few of mine for you to have a nosey at.
A beautiful Spanish lace long cape. (Photo by Jo Bradbury Photography)

 Here is a double layered satin edged short cape- this one ties at the front (Photo by  Jaime Vickerstaff photography)
 I can make them in black too- nice for an evening dress. (Photo by Vickerstaff Photography)

 My real bride wearing her long cape with French lace all around.

 How about a dotted tulle cape??

 ------------------------

 One of my Spanish lace capes displayed at a wedding fair.
 Corina wearing her Spanish lace cape - the lace is now named after her because she was the first to order anything using this new lace.

 ----------------------------

Now---- here is a sneaky peek of a new type of cape- it just drapes across the back and over the shoulders. This attaches to the shoulder straps on the dress.


 NOW --- ssshhhh.... here is the sneaky piccy of my bride wearing it at her dress fitting. Don't say anything as shes not married yet ! But she has promised me lots of professional photos after her big day.
-----------------------------------
I am now going to expand the collection with some similar to the new one shown above. I have a few ideas and I will post the first samples on the blog as soon as I have made them.

Thanks for reading- if you are interested in a cape - mail or ring me and we can discuss your ideas.

Margaretxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment